Last December, I traveled to Alegria, Cebu to spend some time with nature, together with my boyfriend and our good friend. We had one of the most beautiful campsites all to ourselves. It’s called the Windows XP campsite, and it’s at the foot of Mt. Lanaya.
I wasn’t able to blog about all the how-to details regarding Mt. Lanaya, which is why I had to answer inquiries one by one on Facebook. So, for all those who are interested to climb Mt. Lanaya this summer, I hope this helps! 🙂
How to Get There
- Go to Cebu South Bus Terminal and get on a bus bound for BATO via BARILI. This would take you to the town of Alegria.
- Tell the driver/bus attendant to drop you off at the Barangay Hall of Brgy. Legaspi, or as they call it, “Eskina Kalo.”
- Once you’re there, there are people who will approach you to ask if you are going to trek to the peak or just camp. Simply tell them what you want to do and they will assign a guide for you.
- The guide fee is Php150 per person (as of December 2016).
- There is also another fee, either an environmental or entrance fee (sorry, I forgot). It was around P150-P200 for me and two companions.
- The hiking time to the campsite (Windows XP) takes only about 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on your pace.
- My companions and I weren’t able to trek to the summit because the weather was bad, but I know a friend who did. According to Jared of Peak Madness, ascent takes about 3 hours, while the descent takes only about 1-2 hours.
- If you’re going to camp out, I suggest that you must have a reliable 3-season tent. The winds can get harsh and there’s not much shelter around if it rains.
- I also suggest bringing a sleeping bag as the ground is a bit rocky.
- Also, check the weather before your trip so you wouldn’t end up like us.
- Clean as you go. Always.
And there you have it. Hope you enjoy your trip!
For more photos and details about my experience, you may visit my this blog post.